Monday, May 30, 2011

Four Months Behind

I was blaming KayVee and Tea for my lapse in updating my blog, since niether has been very active on their blogs this year.  But KayVee planned and posted her hiatus, with good cause, and Tea has just nailed up two wonderful posts recently.  So, I guess it's time for me to get introspective again, or just fling out photos or race reports.

How about this? (forgive me Bill A.)


I took this picture in mid January at the end of the street close to home, on my way home after work, thinking I would see what the water and birds looked like on a strange weather day. 

Here it is again on a clear day:


Both were taken from quite a distance, maybe 400 yards.  It's just a small island in Pelahatchie Bay of the Ross Barnett Reservoir where I run, bike, swim and canoe. I've lived here more than 20 years and know the area intimately.  I've seen it grow, or decay, from a mild suburb/fish camp community to an aggravating, overpopulated mess of sorts.  But with the bad also comes some good.  There have been remarkable improvements in the trails for walking, running and casual cycling, and the number of fitness-conscious citizens has increased dramatically in just the last two or three years.  Mississippi is the obesity capital of the world, and apparently more and more people want to be part of a change for health and fitness.

Well, I've managed to write a little to catch up.  Not much, but I've got a brisket and some eggplant to tend to.

No comments: