Sunday, May 24, 2009

Summer Already


I've got some cathching up to do. I've been using Facebook lately as my main time waster, playing games and exploring peoples' friends. But I like that I've touched base with some people I haven't spoken to in many years. Some I've even become better friends with than before.

Lately, we had a nice Easter Feaster here at the house, with Mom and Beck and Bro. Paul, Kate, Mariel and I did our annual swim across Lake St. John, adding a 17 mile bike ride around the lake afterward.

We did a JMC club ride in Madison County and I did the annual Ridgeland Century, (just 62 miles - metric century - for me).

Last weekend. our triathlon club, the Mississippi Heat, put on our 5th begjnner tri. The participation more than doubled over last year. We had about 400 taking part, about 180 first timers. I headed up the swim leg volunteers and was really pleased with how things came together. There were some problems with the timing people and we ran low on water and snacks, but it was a huge success overall.

This Spring was a great year for birding. Some of our favorites dropped in and stayed for several days on their way north. Below, a Rose Breasted Grosbeak and Indigo Bunting.
Here's some other critters I've been running around with.








1 comment:

Tea said...

You have some of the most amazing animals near you.

And me too on the FB phenomenon. I've managed to hook up with very old friends who I have seen in a long long time.