Sunday, October 19, 2008

Long Time No Post

I've been really busy at work, and that means working weekends. But I've managed to squeeze in some fun here and there.

The Wellsfest 5K was bigger than ever, had a new course, and the weather was almost perfect.
I'm in the crowd somewhere and was pleased that I'm running better every week without any pain in my knee or back.








Credit Wifeunit for this wonderful picture of the kids beginning the Wellsfest 1 Mile Fun Run. This photo really looks great in a larger size.








Wellsfest
is an all-day event with food and family entertainment, including a dog parade.....
















.....and yoga demonstrations, which Wifeunit joined.








I wanted to save some photos of our plants before the winter comes. These are basil, oregano, parsley and thyme - great for snipping and adding to the recipe instead of shaking out of a bottle.








One of our new plantings this year was Coleus we grew from seeds. It took a little while to get going, but we had several large plants with these wonderful colors.











This weekend I decided I'd had enough work and got in the canoe for a while. One of the islands was covered with wildflowers.











The white pelicans are back from Canada and the Great Lakes. They are a beautiful sight in the winter when they gather in big flocks and slowly circle catching the sunlight. I believe they fly this way just for fun.

1 comment:

Tea said...

I love the picture of the kids getting ready to tear up the course!

btw--I changed my blog (long story). Here's the address: www.everythinggoood2day.blogspot.com

I hope you can check in once in awhile when you aren't so busy!