Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October Report





The Mitchell-Pittman team was once again on the awards podium (the clearing by the dirt road at Wolf River Canoes) to receive their first place trophy for Men's Team - Open Division at the Paddle - Pant - Pedal Triathlon in Long Beach, MS. The Gulf Coast Running Club has put on the race now for 28 years. It's fun and tough, and attended by seemingly the same small crowd every year. I know I'm going back as long as I'm able. There should be some photos from this year's race posted on the GCRC site pretty soon. Who doesn't love a post-race snack of cold beer and boiled jumbo shrimp !?

As I wrote a year ago, this is a busy season for us. Every weekend is booked with some sort of activity.

(Vickie D. King/The Clarion-Ledger)


WellsFest was nice and brought family up from the Coast.


A fish fry the next weekend with some neighborhood friends included fried bream and catfish and grilled trout. I hope we get invited back again.


Our Fall canoe trip was wonderful again, and I added some spice by assuming the trip was for one overnight camp while everyone else was prepared for two nights. A huge stroke of luck and great family enabled me to get back in time for an important Monday meeting at work.


I wish I had photos of all the images in my mind of these wonderful things -scenes of my friends and family fly fishing on Black Creek, a glistening armada of kayaks slinging arcs of water in the early sunlight on the river at the PPP Triathlon, the fall wildflowers along the roads we travel on our weekend adventures.


Life is good.

No comments: