Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Busy Days

I guess I'm not as interested in this blogging stuff as I thought. Two months have passed since my last post, and there's been plenty to write about. Wifeunit and I are always involved with some activity on weekends, and my job is stressful but exciting. Maybe this post will get me back in the groove.




We enjoyed a great weekend on Red Creek with our regular canoeing gang. The early October weather was beautiful. The water was low, making for some strenuous work at times, but it was a nice trip. The moon was full with a clear sky at night, making the sand bar nearly bright as day. Coyotes and owls were singing for us.




The canoe trip was October 7th & 8th. Two weeks later we were on the road again to Wiggins, home of my niece, Bethany and her husband, Jamie. Jamie and I were entered as a relay team in the 26th Annual Paddle, Pant, Pedal Triathlon (results) . The race was great fun, 4 miles of canoeing on the Wolf River, followed by a 5-mile run, then a 23-mile bike ride. We were a relay team so we partnered on the canoe, Jamie did the run and I rode the bike leg. Jamie also rode his bike for the fun(?) of it. The photo below features the 2nd place Pittman/Mitchell team (and some other guys who probably cheated).


No comments: